Two Steps to Becoming a Member
Membership provides access to the shop 24/7 with your own keyfob, has a free shelf space for storage, allows the use of all tools (including the member-only ones), gives discounts on classes and workshops, and gains a vote on community decisions! No contracts, you can join month-to-month for as long as suits you.
- First Step: Apply online for membership:
- Click “Join Us” at the top, then fill out the online form
- You should have a PayPal account, ready to enter details
- Second Step: after filling out the application, you must come in for member orientation. This can take up to an hour. New member orientations are every Friday at 8pm . Please arrive promptly (or early). Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Regular membership: $50/month
Discounted membership ($25/month) for:
- Family member (must pay from same acc’t)
- Senior (65+)
- Student (full time)
- Starving Hacker Discount (If one qualifies for SNAP benefits)
Lump payments: 6 months = 5% off, 12 months = 10% off
For more details…
We rent out “micro workshops”, 6′ wide by 8′ long, for those wanting to maintain a dedicated area for their projects and tools. They are located around the shop, so some are in ‘clean’ spaces, others in shop areas. They come with 110v power, and access to our wifi. Mail can also be delivered to our address.
The cost is $125/month, in addition to your base membership (see pricing above). We require 6 month contracts, with first/last months’ rent due on signing.
More info here, including whom to contact and a map of studio locations.