Steps to Becoming a Member
Membership provides access to the shop 24/7 with your own key fob, has a free shelf space for storage, allows the use of all tools (including the member-only ones), and gains a vote on community decisions! No contracts, you can join month-to-month for as long as suits you. (16 and older)
- First Step: Apply online for membership:
- Under “New Member Signup”, choose your membership, then fill out the online form.
- You must have a PayPal account, be ready to enter those details
- After signing up, there’s an Orientation Video to watch (30 min), very short quiz to make sure you weren’t napping. (The link to the video appears after you submit your application.)
- Finally, after the video you can schedule a spot in the next orientation walk-through and key fob pickup! Please arrive promptly (or early) as one can’t join the walk-through midway. Links for the walk-through provided below the video.
⟹ One must have completed online signup, watched the video and taken the quiz before orientation walk-through. If not, you could be turned away.
Regular membership: $50/month
Discounted membership ($25/month) for:
- Family member
- Senior (65+)
- Starving Hacker Discount
Lump payments: 6 months = 5% off, 12 months = 10% off
For more details…
Want to Give the Gift of Membership?
What a great idea! Click over to our “Gift Cards” page to make that magic happen.
We rent out “micro workshops”, 6′ wide by 8′ long, for those wanting to maintain a dedicated area for their projects and tools. They are located around the shop, so some are in ‘clean’ spaces, others in shop areas. They come with 120V power, and access to our WiFi.
The cost is $125/month, in addition to your base membership (see pricing above). We require an initial 6 month contract, with first/last months’ rent due on signing.
–> Currently, our studios have all been rented. There is a waiting list. <–
More studio info here, including whom to contact and a map of studio locations.